Old Savannah City Mission
Doctrinal Statement and Code of Ethics
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God.
• We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity that He was born of a virgin, that we are
redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and
ascended into Heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
• We believe that people are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen
Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. This event we hold to be an
experience, rather than a doctrinal supposition.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells believers,
enabling them to live a godly life of obedience as they reach for maturity.
• We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that
together they form one body, the church.
CODE OF ETHICS
• We are committed to minister in a way that will not bring shame or reproach to the
Name of the Lord. This includes relationships among volunteers, staff, students, friends &
neighbors, and others. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
• We teach that believers are to live self controlled, upright and godly lives in keeping
with the Scriptures. (Titus 2:11-14)
• We recognize and respect other individuals and organizations and will refrain from
criticism and will follow the standards of Matthew 18 whenever possible. (1 Peter 3:8-9)
• We will honor fiscal, legal and moral obligations to donors, vendors, neighbors,
community and government.